More women are deciding to become entrepreneurs. However, there is still a long way to go for the number of women entrepreneurs to match the number of entrepreneurs in the world.
However, companies that have been founded and run by women have shown more growth and organization than their counterparts.
Benefits for Women’s entrepreneurship
It is seeing an increase in support for women’s entrepreneurship. Now is one of the best times to take advantage of these growth programs. Take a look to some of them that benefit women entrepreneurs.
Support for Women Entrepreneurs
In order to promote and encourage an entrepreneurial and business culture among women who have a business and want to improve it in the short or medium term, the National Finance Agencies (Nafin) of some countries.
In conjunction with the Ministry of the Economy (SE), created the Support for Women Entrepreneurs programme, which is aimed at women over 18 years of age who have a business registered with the formal system, whether as an individual or a company, or registered with the Tax Incorporation System (RIF).
Through this program women entrepreneurs could grant loans with commercial banks, having the following benefits:
- Maximum amount of a loan.
- Credit for working capital and fixed assets.
- Without mortgage guarantee for amounts from thousands to millions depending on the payment capacity.
- No guarantee or collateral for amounts, if the business belongs to the RIF.
- Maximum annual interest rate, depending on the country and the amount of the loan.
- Credit term of up to 36 months for working capital and months for fixed assets.
- National coverage.
- No commission for opening or pre-payment.
- To be a woman over 18 years old.
- To be micro, small or medium size company or natural person with business activity -Legally constituted with 1 year of antiquity.
- For women registered in the RIF, at least 2 years of seniority are required.
- If the company is a legal entity, must prove the majority ownership (51%) and decisions are in the hands of one or more women.
- Have a good credit history.
- Up-to-date legal and financial information.
- Provide banks with additional information they require.
Business Support for Women Program (PAEM)
The Women’s Entrepreneurial Support Programme (WESP) is a national network programme for the promotion and support of women’s entrepreneurship. With fifteen years in operation, that have positioned as an exemplary programme in the field of business advice.
Have the financial support of the European Social Fund, the Institute for Women and Equal Opportunities of the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality and the Chambers of Commerce.
PAEM is a programme aimed at women, with entrepreneurial concerns, with a business idea or project, and with a modernization or expansion plan.
Our objective is to raise awareness among women and their environment towards self-employment and business activity, acting as an effective instrument for the creation and consolidation of companies led by women. Also setting the following specific objectives:
- To promote equal opportunities between women and men
- -Promoting women’s entrepreneurship
- Encourage the use of new technologies
- To promote the awareness of women and their environment towards self-employment and enterprise
- Creating and consolidating women-led businesses
- To offer information and advice on the possibility of obtaining financing with advantageous conditions through a microcredit without guarantees, as well as accompaniment to those who request it.